Eczema is an allergic skin disorder with symptoms like dry skin and itchy patches. It is not contagious but you might have some discomfort at its appearance. Eczema can appear at any part of your body and there are several ways of getting rid of it both naturally and with lotions that are rich in cortisone and steroids.
- Bathing – to get rid of eczema, you need to first avoid the dryness in your skin. Hot water increases dryness, hence use natural products and moisturizers. Also, wash gently and do not scrub your skin.
- Vitamin and Mineral supplements – Vitamin E is one of the best natural elements to treat eczema. Its antioxidant properties help hydrate the skin and heal faster. You will have to massage a few drops of the oil on the infected area several times a day to get results. Vitamin A boosts your immune system and Vitamin B12 repairs tissues. Vitamin B3 will help absorb carbohydrates and Vitamin C will regulate the histamine in your body.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – the nutrients in them helps soothes the rashes on skin and keeps your body healthy. You need to add two teaspoons of vinegar in eight ounces of water and drink as many times as possible. You can also apply vinegar diluted with water on the problem area to help get rid of eczema.
- Petroleum jelly and olive oil – if you need to treat children, then petroleum jelly is the best solution. There are no irritants in them and an added flavour of fragrance makes it suitable for children. Olive oil can also be applied on the dry patches to prevent eczema from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Moisturize – aloe vera, shea butter and virgin coconut oil are natural moisturizers. They help reduce itchiness and irritation and helps re-hydrate the skin. These do not contain any type of perfume or chemical agents that can irritate your skin further.
- Flaxseed and coconut oil – wash the patches with warm water and clean the surface dry. Make a mixture of two parts of flaxseed and one part of coconut oil and apply it during the night and wash it off in the morning.
- Camphor and sandalwood – make a paste of sandalwood and camphor powder and apply it thickly on the eczema infected areas. Leave it on for fifteen minutes and wash it off. Repeat this for several days to find results.
- Gamma Linolenic acids – Borage oil and evening Primrose oil are the two essential nutrients that your body needs. These help cure the inflammation on the skin and other deficiencies which will get rid of eczema.
- Probiotics – the useful bacterium will help suppress the harmful bacterium in the body. One of the most common probiotic strains is Lactobacillus GG.
Cold compresses – take a clean, soft cloth and dip it in ice cold water. Squeeze out the excess water and put on the rashes gently. This will help reduce the itchiness of eczema and will prevent you from scratching the infected areas.