Cough can be of two types, such as, dry cough and wet cough. It arises due to many reasons, such as asthmatic problems, allergy to cold or food/drinks, viral infection and so on. Whatever may be the reason, cough in any form is equally painful and tiring. It is a condition when there is inflammation in the throat walls an itchiness that causes one to cough out.
Dry cough occurs when the mucous is in a solid state in the chest, and wet cough is when the mucous comes out while coughing. If left untreated any kind of cough can get serious with time. If you show symptoms of high temperature with a stingy feeling, one needs to see the doctor, however, if there are no other serious symptoms apart from coughing one can get the knowledge how to get rid of cough naturally.
How to get rid of cough with prevention:
- Hydrate your body with enough water and fluids all the time. Ingesting a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water and fluids in form of hot water, herbal tea, warm milk, or home made decoctions are will ensure loosening of the mucous and allow it to flow easily, thereby helping to get rid of cough quickly.
- Keep yourself covered during winters, with a cap, sweaters, full sleeved clothes, or socks to keep the body warm at all times.
- Cover the neck area with a stole to make it warm, thus allowing the mucous to pass off easily and get rid of cough.
- Avoid contact with any irritant that may cause allergy or aggravate the cough.
- Take enough rest to get rid of any stress or fatigue, and make sure to rest your head on raised pillows.
- Avoid going out in the open environment which may cause spreading of the virus or inheriting it.
- Take a shower with warm water to which will loosen the mucous and helping get rid of cough effectively.
- Take cough syrups targeting specific cough problems or lozenges for the saliva to push back the mucous.
- Avid milk products which even worsen the cough.
How to get rid of cough with natural remedies:
- Drink herbal teas with any of the ingredients such as, thyme, ginger, fennel seeds, black pepper, or honey.
- Consume raw ginger or garlic which fights the virus and help get rid of cough naturally.
- Mix turmeric in hot milk and drink before bed. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that fight the mucous.
- Combine, honey and black pepper with warm water and drink as many times a day to soothe any irritation and to get rid of cough.
- Lemon juice is specially affective for dry cough conditions as it loosens the mucous and also provides Vitamin C to fight cold. Mix lemon juice with honey or ginger to get rid of cough effectively.
- Steep mustard seed powder in hot water and drink the decoction to increase the flow of the mucous and get rid of the cough faster.
- Add salt in warm water and gargle several times a day to soothe the inflamed are in the throat thereby helping to get rid of cough.
The above remedies are sure to help you get rid of cough easily and faster. How to get rid of cough solutions will certainly provide you the required relief. However, if cough persists beyond a week, do see a doctor.