As per popular belief, the first signs of back acne are seen during adolescence. This is when the sebaceous glands start producing sebum, which when produced in excess causes back acne by blocking the open pores. However, back acne is common among adults too. These can be unsightly and not easy to be cured, hence how to get rid of back acne is a popular question.
There are various other reasons for the occurrence of back acne, such as hormonal imbalance, intake of oily and fatty food, anxiety, over active sweat glands, or genetic. Since sweating is one of the reasons for back acne formation, one should avoid wearing skin tight clothes or materials that do not absorb sweat. The sweat produced blocks the follicles or the pores causing acne.
How to get rid of back again by taking precautionary measures:
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes to allow skin to breathe.
- Wear cotton fabric which allows air to pass through and soaks up the sweat.
- Take a shower immediately after any sweaty session to keep skin clean at all times.
- Do not use harsh scrubs, which may further aggravate the condition.
- Take care of skin regularly by cleaning the back and chest properly along with the face.
- Drink enough fluids to keep yourself hydrated and drink a minimum of two liters of water a day to get rid of back acne.
- Consume Vitamin C supplement or Vitamin C enriched fruits and vegetables to keep back acne at bay.
- Limit your intake of caffeine and steer away from oily and fatty foods.
- Avoid intake of whole milk consumption and induce a habit of drinking decoctions including lemon juice, vinegar, ginger, cilantro and much more.
- Get ample rest to reduce stress and ensure a healthy lifestyle
How to get rid of back acne with home remedies:
- Wash the area with antibacterial cleansers such as Cetaphil, instead of normal soap.
- Apply OTC creams or gels based on benzoyl peroxide formula.
- Application of tea tree oil with the help of a cotton ball helps to get rid of back acne effectively.
- Aloe vera gel not only soothes the affected area but it also helps clear the back acne quickly.
- Milk of magnesia application with a cotton wool balances the acid level of the skin, thereby reducing the back acne considerably.
- Exfoliate with a paste of baking soda with water, and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash off to get a clear skin.
- Mixture of vinegar and aspirin works as a salicylic acid formula and as an astringent to fight the acne and helps to get rid of back acne.
- OTC medicines are equally effective such as salicylic acid base washes, AHA based moisturizers, pads with medicines, specially formulated soaps and so on.
The above remedies and preventions can make sure that you get rid of back acne fast and naturally. However, one needs to take care off a lot of other factors, such as, stay away from any products that can aggravate the back acne, have nutritious diet rich of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, cleanse thoroughly and diligently and avoid stress. How to get rid of back acne, therefore, should never be a question for you anymore.