Cystic acne is a skin disease in which pimples, blackheads or whiteheads, or cystic nodules appear on various parts of the body of a person. It is a very common disease especially in adolescence when the testosterone levels rise in children. This disease usually disappears with age and most people are freed of this disgusting skin disorder usually in their mid-20.
This cystic acne can appear on any body part but are most common on the face, groin, buttocks and chest. The cyst penetrates deeper into the tissue and thus can be painful. It is also formed by the accumulation of sweat of water in the pores of the skin and thus blocking the pores for fresh oxygen and hence resulting in the formation of cystic acne.
Ways to prevent cystic acne
This skin disease poses a major psychological problem for the patients as it usually reduces the self-confidence of the person to face anyone else. In extreme cases this disease has also led to suicides. And so it is very important to treat this disorder very efficiently and at the earliest. Some of the ways to do this are as follows:
- One should develop a habit of drinking a mixture of lukewarm water, honey and lemon every day in the morning just after a person wakes up. Honey cleans all the impurities in the blood and hence prevents any acne and leaves the skin glowing for a long time during the day.
- Picking on any cystic acne should never be done. This type of acne is usually popped using a sterilized needle and only in the presence of a certified medical practitioner. It should never be done alone at home as it could lead to permanent scars.
- Applying a neem face pack every day in the morning for 20 to 30 minutes and then rinsing the face or the concerned body part with hot water can do wonders in curing any skin disease.
- Consulting a proper dermatologist and then taking the prescribed anti-biotic. The most common of anti-biotic are tetracycline and doxycycline. Moreover, applying adapalene gel on the acne will help burn the acne without leaving a scar. But this should also be done only after consulting your doctor.
- Making it a habit to clean your face or body with a proper medicinal face wash or any other solution in order to keep the face skin clean and keep the dirt away from the pores of the skin.
- Avoid touching the acne or the face too much with dirty hands and follow a strict vitamin rich diet. Exercising regularly for 15 to 20 minutes will improve the blood flow in the body and help provide necessary oxygen to various parts in the body.
- One should not smoke when one is suffering from this skin disease as it will make matter worse. Furthermore, keep the consumption of alcohol to a minimum while drinking a lot of milk and consuming dairy products.