One of the common types of digestive disorders that people suffer from regardless of their age and gender is diarrhea. Diarrhea is explained as a bowel movement that is loose and diluted. It naturally occurs anytime to anyone,whether you are a child or an adult, but it will not be considered as a serious condition when treated right away.
As a matter of fact, a person normally suffers from diarrhea once or twice a year that will take 2 to 3 days. There are various ways that can help you get rid of diarrhea fast. But before you come up with the cure, it is best that you identify first what causes diarrhea so that you can somehow keep yourself away from it.
Causes of Diarrhea
There are different factors that can cause diarrhea. Sometimes, we don’t even knowing that we are the ones who trigger the disease to come about it. So it is really essential that we educate ourselves even with the common things that we should know about diarrhea. Though it is not that a serious type of disease that can put your life in a crucial state at an instant, there are times that doing nothing to relieve the pain or even to subside the way you excrete loose stools can result to greater problems. You will surely feel weak if you will have diarrhea for longer days and if there is a blood in your stools. So to prevent yourself reaching this stage, here are some of the causes of diarrhea that you must know.
Obviously, the main cause why a person gets diarrhea is because of the presence of a virus that had infected the guts. The disease will lasts for about 2 days and because a person who has a diarrhea feels abdominal pain, it is also referred as stomach flu. For those people who are not aware with this term, well it is an infection of both the stomach and the intestines. If you will not treat it at once, then it will take 10 days for you to endure the pain which is worst on its first few days.
It will always be a good idea that you put an immediate cure for any kind of discomfort you feel before the situation gets serious. Treating stomach flu will not even require you to go for an operation instead you only need to take in plenty of fluids and know the right foods you should eat.
IBM or Irritable Bowel Syndrome
There are people who consider diarrhea as an irritable bowel syndrome. When someone is suffering from IBM, they usually feel a certain discomfort on their abdomen with a changed routine of their excretion. However, IBM is not something that people should be afraid of because it will not put your life in danger. It will not lead to serious colon diseases like Colon cancer which means there is no reason for you to panic.
Diarrhea is just a sign that a person has an irritable bowel syndrome.With this in mind, you will have an idea that curing it will not be that stressful. As a matter of fact, with simple diet as well as a change with your lifestyle can already help you overcome IBM.
Crohn’s disease is also an infection which is caused by bacteria that usually occurs in your small intestine. And because it affects the intestine, it is no surprise that you will also have diarrhea. Anyone can be affected by this disease yet teens and those people who are on their twenties are the usual prey.
Unfortunately, there is no way for you to free yourself from Crohn’s disease because you will carry it throughout your life. Some people even don’t know that they already have the disease there are instances that you dint see any symptoms at all. Smoking and stress can make the disease occur so you better avoid these things.
Everyone needs to eat in order to survive. Yet we have to be very careful with anything we put into our mouth if we don’t want to suffer from a life threatening condition that can be caused by food poisoning. When a person had encountered this situation, he will surely have loose bowel movement or diarrhea.
Though you can say that anyone can possibly become a victim of food poisoning, it is your task to become alert with the foods you eat. Make sure that it is prepared properly in a clean environment with the use of clean utensils. Take note that bacteria is just around so you have to maintain cleanliness.
Different Kinds of Medication
Sometimes when the body is allergic with a certain medicine that we take in, it is possible that it will cause loose bowel movement that might even lead to vomiting. It is important that we discuss important matters to our doctor if ever that we have allergies to various substances or ingredients.
What are the Common Symptoms of Diarrhea
You will find it hard to treat a disease if you cannot detect the symptoms. You might just apply a cure when the situation is already severe. It is essential that you are aware with what you feel inside your body and never try to set it aside especially when it often occurs.
Aside from that, if you are really in pain then, it is only a sign that there is something wrong. So if you feel that you can no longer withstand the pain in your stomach or you are having loose stools then you are obviously suffering from diarrhea. Let us then try to identify the systems you will encounter if you are having diarrhea.
Symptoms of Diarrhea
- Abdominal discomfort. When a person suffers from a diarrhea, it is just a common thing that he will feel stomach ache knowing that the focus of these diseases is in the stomach. There are times that enduring the pain is unbearable especially for the situation of the youngsters.
- Watery stools. If you will try to look at your stools when you’re having diarrhea, you feel that you are only excreting water. You can’t even control it from coming out that if it will frequently happen, then it is advisable that you see a doctor because you lose all your strength.
- Vomiting. When you have diarrhea, you will not only deal with constant excretion but you might as well vomit.
- Dehydration.Due to vomiting and continuous excretion of loose stools, there is a possibility that it will lead to dehydration because your body is releasing too much fluids than what it should normally do. If you notice that your skin is getting dry, you feel thirsty, your urine gets darker, you can hardly sweat, and you easily get exhausted, then it is only a few signs that you are dehydrated. But you can deal with dehydration right from the start by replacing the fluid and providing your body with electrolytes. You have to know that if you will not maintain the level of fluid inside your body your kidneys will collapse and won’t function at all.
- Presence of undigested food in your stools. You will notice in your stools that there are that are not digested. Maybe this is the reason why you are having diarrhea because your body was unable to break down the foods you have eaten.
- High Fever.You can identify if the diarrhea is already acute if you are having chills or fever.
- You feel that you are losing weight. Knowing that you are excreting stools abnormally then it is just a typical effect that you will shred pounds in no time.
How to Classify Diarrhea
People who usually suffer from diarrhea are the ones who treat the condition themselves. But this will depend on how severe the condition is. If you think that you can still handle the situation, then there is no need for you to go to a doctor. However, if you feel that you are already getting weaker and weaker as hour’s passes by, then it is a signal that you need proper medication. Diarrhea can be classified into three that includes the following:
Classification of Diarrhea
- Osmotic Diarrhea.Water is drawn into the bowel because of excessive absorption of sugar and salt. Aside from that, when lactose is not digested rightly then it might result to osmotic diarrhea. You have to discontinue the ingestion of the offending agent in order to stop diarrhea.
- Secretory Diarrhea.This type of diarrhea takes place if your body discharges water into your bowel. Even if you don’t eat, the situation still goes on.
- Exudative Diarrhea.If ever that you are already excreting stools with blood then you can say that it is an exudative diarrhea.
How to Get Rid of Diarrhea
No one would ever want to suffer from diarrhea. You don’t want to go to the toilet repeatedly or stay there for a long time. It is really hard to suffer from diarrhea because even if it will only take a few days, you can still feel the effects into your body. It seems that you have lost all the energy making your body frail. If you are having a mild case of it, then you can do simple ways on how to get rid of diarrhea.
There are over the counter medicines that you can take in. On the other hand, if you think that the condition is already acute and you can no longer tolerate the pain it gives you, then you have to go to the hospital and get immediate treatments.
Your aim is to control your bowel movement and bring it back to its normal state. You have to alleviate the symptoms of diarrhea in order for you to get better. It doesn’t always mean that you have to see a doctor right away. You only have to wait for 48 hours and observe yourself. If there is no improvement then that would be the time for you to get on your feet and go to the nearest hospital.
You can also search for various ways on how to get rid of diarrhea by surfing the web. Educating yourself with the condition will make it easier for you to handle the case. There are also books that you can consider as a guide for you to deal with diarrhea. With the fact that it is just a common disease that people can go through from day to day, you can expect that you can get plenty of information about it. You don’t have to let yourself suffer from diarrhea. What you only need is to acquire sufficient details on how you can get rid of diarrhea fast.
Before we discuss the treatments we can apply for diarrhea, it is necessary that we talk about the precautions we can do to stay away from having it. Because various factors can cause diarrhea, we have to know what actions are right and what are wrong.
- Avoid touching the hands of a person who is suffering from diarrhea. If ever that you have to make contact with a person with diarrhea maybe because you are the one taking care of him, then you should wash your hands when you’re done.
- If you are having diarrhea, you need to wash your hands every time you go to the toilet. You have to dry your hands with your own towel and not with the towel that is being used by other people.
- Avoid eating foods that are not cooked well. You also have to make sure that you will eat fresh foods just to be assured that there are no bacteria on it.
After we have identified the measures we can do to prevent diarrhea, let us now site several ways on how we can treat it. Remember that you don’t have to let days pass that you are frequently excreting loose stools or else you will get dehydrated.
Besides, treating diarrhea will not require you to spend a large amount of money because you will not undergo any kind of operation not unless you will deal with it as early as possible. If you will not give enough attention to it, you might end up suffering for a more serious disease like colon cancer that can easily take your life away. Certainly you would not let this happen to you so you better do the following treatments below on how to get rid of bacteria in order to recover from diarrhea.
Several Ways of Treating Diarrhea
- It is important that you sustain your body with fluids to keep yourself hydrated. When a person has a diarrhea he tends to lose bodily fluids. You have to drink at least 8 glasses a day. It is usual for a person to sweat so you also have to replace the amount of fluid that you are giving off.
- Drink fruit juice. Never include the pulp of the fruit.
- Refrain from drinking fluid with caffeine content.
- It is advisable that you drink tea mix with honey, sports drinks that are rich in electrolytes, and chicken broth without the presence of fat.
- Instead of the usual way of drinking water while you are eating, it is best that you sip more liquids between meals.
- Instead of eating 2 to 3 times a day, it is better that you divide your meals into 5 to 6 meals. It is for the fact that you don’t have to pressure your stomach and you have to allow it digest the food properly to stop diarrhea.
- Think of eating a well balanced diet while assuring that you are consuming the right foods that contain the right nutrients that your body needs for the whole day. Tasteless foods can be a good idea like bananas, toast, rice, and tea.
- To keep your digestive system on track, you can try eating yogurt.
- You can also try ginger and peppermint because these plants can help you relieve your irritate intestines and make it function properly. If you want to maximize the results you can 2 tsp of ground ginger in a 250 ml of water. Let it stands for a few minutes before you drink the tea.
- You can use chamomile and lemon to your tea. Chamomile tea can help you ease anxiety orany kind of tension you feel. For the lemon, you just have to extract its juice and mix it with 250 ml glass of warm water.
- If you are suffering from rectal pain, you can think of having a warm bath. You can also apply petroleum jelly into your anus to somehow lessen the soreness. For those people who are experiencing abdominal pain, they can place a heating pad on their bellies.
- You have to switch eating brown rice because it is rich in vitamin B that can help you lessen the symptoms of diarrhea. It can remove the toxins out of your body and will be gentle to your digestive system. Eat foods that are rich in fiber.
- You should eat carrots to cure diarrhea because it contains pectin. You can make carrot juice or try to puree the fruit and eat a cup of it several times every day.
- If you want to kill the bacteria that can cause diarrhea then you need to mix an apple cider vinegar to a glass of water.
- If you want to get rid of diarrhea fast, then you should use an over the counter medicines. If you are opting for the best results, you can consider the following brands that people usually take hold of whenever they have diarrhea.
Brands of Medicines Suitable for Diarrhea
- Imodium A-D
- You can also buy formulas that can help you replace the fluid you excrete. Such formulas include Pedialyte, Rehydralyte, and Ricelyt that you can easily buy from any drugstores. With the fact that these medicines are already tested then you can be assured that you can get well in less time.
- Because you have dropped the energy your body has, it is important that you take a rest to rejuvenate your strength. Besides you’re not that strong enough to go to work because you will feel your body is hurting and you can hardly stand up straight.
- Older people, children, and those who are suffering from a disease should consult a doctor first before they take in any kind of medicine. Of course, they should get the advice of a doctor for them to know if the medicine is safe for their body or not.