Hemorrhoids widely known as piles, is the inflammation of the varicose veins of the rectum. This is indeed painful, but the good news is that it is not life threatening. However, if left untreated or ignore may cause into a serious condition. Hemorrhoids is a condition when the rectum bleeds, stiffens up and even an itchy feeling subsides. This condition occurs in all ages and arises to may underlying reasons, such as, improper food habit, constipation, pregnancy or lack of fluids.
Some of the usual symptoms of hemorrhoids is paining, swelling, itching, inconsistent and forceful bowel movement, bleeding, blood clot formation, release of mucosa and more. Hemorrhoids can be of two types, namely, Internal and external hemorrhoids. The internal hemorrhoids signs are underlying and undetectable does not cause any discomfort, however the external hemorrhoids cause the pain and irritation since they are found at the walls of the rectum.
Since this is generally not a serious condition, it can be taken care of with certain home remedies. Here we will discuss how to get rid of hemorrhoids with natural remedies:
- Take some warm water in a plastic tub and soak your butt in this. This is to provide relief from any pain or swelling and once done wipe the area with a clean toilet paper.
- Since this condition is painful, your butt needs a soft base to sit on. Hence, sit on a chair that is cushioned and also make sure to wear cotton undergarments for proper air circulation.
- Push an ice cube up your rectum to get relief from the pain.
- Ensure proper cleaning of the area with lukewarm water whenever you visit the washroom.
- Clean the area with a baby wipe rather than a toilet paper to get rid of hemorrhoids as the toilet papers are usually harsh in texture.
- Do not pressurize your rectum for bowel movements; instead consume a bowel softener that can help easy movement.
- Attach a pad wet in witch hazel with your undergarment, as this helps to get rid of the hemorrhoids quite effectively by drying up the bleeding rectum.
- Drink vinegar mixed with water to get rid of internal hemorrhoids and for external hemorrhoids insert and apply vinegar to the affected area.
- Aloe vera gels are equally beneficial to get rid of hemorrhoids naturally.
- Apply specially formulated ointments or creams that help heal the hemorrhoids fast.
- Take OTC medicines to get rid of the hemorrhoids and get instant relief from the burning sensation.
- Eat a balanced diet, free of spicy, oily and fatty foods. Include lots of fibers to the daily nutrition ensuring smooth bowel movements.
- Keeping yourself hydrated with lots of water and the right kind of fluid is the most important step to get rid of hemorrhoids quickly. Drink at least two liters of water per day ad ingest fluids such as fruit juices, buttermilk, coconut water and the likes ad avoid any hot beverages as much as possible.
- Consume less meat and maintain a healthy weight.
The above remedies are the tried and tested methods to get rid of hemorrhoids effectively, however, there are other methods which are unverified, such as, intake of ayurvedic preparations, consuming psyllium , pushing vitamin E capsules up the rectum, applying essential oils ,or a herbal treatment. Whatever may be the method you adopt, how to get rid of hemorrhoids quickly is the aim we all have. However, if pain still persists, it is rather suggested to consult a doctor.