Oily skin especially during summer can be very frustrating as it makes one feel very bad about one’s looks. Oily skin lead attract a lot of dirt particles which then stick on the skin of the face and ultimately lead to acne which can be painful as well as very demotivating for the concerned person. The pores in the skin release oil which can again accumulate and lead to pimples.
A lot depends on a number of external factors such as the climate, and the hair style of the person with people having a lot of their hair falling his/her face having more oily skin than people with short hair. Though oily skin tends to prevent the aging of the skin, it can be a deal killer as it leaves a bad impression on the other person.
Ways to prevent oily skin
There are many ways in which a person can get rid of oily skin some of which are mentioned below:
- Washing the face with hot water can help open up the pores of the skin and remove any dirt or oil trapped in these pores. It will give a glowing skin and prevent acne which occurs due these dirt particles.
- If hot water is not available, then washing the face with an appropriate face wash fluid which are specialized products to effectively remove the dirt and the oil from the skin and make the skin dry so that any more dirt particles do not stick to the skin.
- One should drink a lot of water to keep the skin hydrated which automatically will give a glowing skin.
- Drinking a mixture of lukewarm water, honey and lemon right after you wake up in the morning will not only help lose weight but also prevent oily skin and honey flow in the blood streams and removes harmful chemicals from the skin.
- Rubbing ice cubes on the face or applying some milk on the face for 10 to 15 minutes will help prevent oily skin.
- Eating the right combination of food with minimum intake of fried or processed food and maximum intake of natural green vegetable and citrus fruits will help maintain a glowing skin.
- An anti-bacterial soap can also help remove the dirt and oil from the skin. Moreover, coconut water can help keep the skin hydrated while at the same time remove the excess oil.
- Covering the face skin with clay layer or mud layer or turmeric paste helps absorb oil and dirt from the skin and give a fresh look to the skin.
- Certain products such as creams and face powders are available in the market which is applied only to give a non-oily look to the face.
- Green tea has cleansing properties and so consuming this tea regularly can be very helpful to maintain a healthy skin.
- Keeping the hair away from one’s face and using a soft scrubber while bathing or cleaning the face can help get rid of oil from the skin considerably.