Fleas are nasty creatures. There are many types of flea, most common being the ones that infest your pets. Other kinds of flea are human flea, cat flea, moorhen flea and rat flea. While learning how to get rid of fleas in the house, we must remember that getting all fleas could prove to be tricky.
Fleas feed on blood. In fact, the more they suck on blood, the more they grow. If swallowed by pets, they could result in tapeworm in the stomach. Fleas are known to be extremely resilient to attempts to kill them. They are known to be extremely adaptable, surviving under quite harsh conditions. Incredibly, female fleas lay around 5000 eggs at a time! Carpets are their place of choice to lay eggs, although most fleas are found on your pet’s body.
Fleas also latch on to human hair. They cause extreme itching and discomfort. Fleas cause diseases like plague and can be quite dangerous if found at home. In your effort to learn how to get rid of fleas in the house, it helps to know all the infested areas. Fleas thrive in dark, moist places. So, look under your carpets, under furniture and other tapestry. If you notice flea eggs, it’s time to act fast and read up on how to get rid of fleas in the house.
Some of the solutions on how to get rid of fleas in the house are listed below
- Vacuum your house! Sometimes, the solution is as easy as regularly vacuuming your carpets and furniture. This method is known to get rid of flea eggs effectively
- Fogging your house also helps. The effects of fogging last more than 6 months and prove quite productive in further infestation.
- One can also try to use disinfectant sprays. You can use them to clean your stuff with a clean cloth.
- People have found borax as a good solution on how to get rid of fleas in the house. You can use it as it is or mix it with baking soda to increase its efficacy.
- If it is a matter of just a few fleas, you can try squeezing them with adhesive tape to kill them. Soapy water is also used to soak fleas in.
- Insecticides can also be used to get rid of fleas. But some of them could be harmful to humans if used inside the house.
- A simple thing like table salt mixed with baking soda can prove to be quite useful against your flea problem
- Wash your pets regularly. Use anti-flea shampoos on your pets and also disinfect their toys and vessels of food and water. This will make sure that the fleas that notoriously stick to your dogs will be washed off.
Getting rid of fleas is an ongoing process. It requires patience and there are chances that it will relapse if you do not continue persistently with the treatment. It is important to catch them early, before flea eggs hatch into larvae. These larvae could cause major intestinal diseases to not just your pets, but also your babies.
Virtues like patience and perseverance will also help you in getting rid of these stubborn pests from your home!
TOPICS TO BE WRITTEN : NO 36 TO 45 KEYWORD DENSITY – 0.5% TO 1% . 500 WORDS. KEYWORD REPETITION : 3 TO 5 TIMES
HOW TO GET RID OF
- SHIN SPLINTS
- SUGAR ANTS
- DOUBLE CHIN
- DARK SPOTS
- FLEAS IN THE HOUSE